Old 26-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default plants have organs? Genome mapping of organs, not the entire body

6 Nov 2002 14:44:41 GMT George Smiley wrote:

On Wed, 06 Nov 2002 00:22:17 -0600, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
30 Oct 2002 11:56:35 GMT mel turner wrote:

[snip]
As to whether organs can or cannot be sectionalized with ACTG coding, my
guess would be a yes, because highly specialized organs such as the eyeball
would seem to me to need a high degree of sectionalization of the ACTG
letter coding. Perhaps sectionalization is never 100% for organs but rather
can come close to it in the 90s percent range.

Certain genes will be "turned on" in certain tissues. Look up
tissue-specific promoters.

I willing to experiment with cutting 1/3 off the top of a blue spruce
and it having a good chance of survival.

But I know that as you cut more and more of a tree, some point is reached
wherein the death of the tree results, such as cedar. But some trees can be cut
level to the ground and they emit new trees from their roots such as locust.

So I wonder what genes in tree species tells the tree when it is dead and why
such a variance in percent of cutoff. Cut the entire Locust trunck and it is
still
alive with new trees sprouting from its roots. Cut more than 1/2 of most trees
and they are likely to die.

While I am on this percentage, a cool question comes to mind. A question not
at all obvious. In animals we have organization of cells into tissue and organ.
But do we have the same sort of organizations in plants? Do plants have organs?

In the past 5 years I have been exploring the Inverses or Reverses of plants to
animals. Example: plants breathe in CO2 and expel O2 whereas animals do the
reverse. Another Example: animals depend on plants for food and the reverse is
true that plants depend on animals for food via fertilizer and decay bodies.
Another example: plants depend on carbon element for their support structure
and animals depend on calcium for their support structure where we can sort
of say that carbon is the inverse or reverse of calcium.

Now I wonder if another one of the inverse or reverse situations exists in plant

to animal cell organizations. Whether animals must have cells arrayed into
organs but plants do not and whether plants have a cell arrangement that is
altogether very different from that of animals and can be considered a inverse
or reverse.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Old 26-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Jie-san Laushi

Example: plants breathe in CO2 and expel O2 whereas animals do the
reverse.

Almost, but not quite. Plants' intake of CO2 is not really the same as
"breathing," because it is part of the process of manufacturing food
(photosynthesis). When it comes to UTILIZING food (metabolism), both plants
and animals take in O2 and exhale CO2, in the process of respiration. The
takeaway: theoretically, plants could survive in a world without animals, but
not the reverse.

Jie-san Laushi

Huodau lau, xuedau lau, hai you sanfen xue bulai
to email: eliminate redundancy