Old 17-05-2009, 09:10 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default Mystery tree ID

We recently cleaned up a heap of accumulating refuse that had started as a
makeshift tarp shed (dumpsters are worth the rental), and there was a small
tree amidst it all which has started growing again.

It's about five feet tall, and pictures of the leaves can be found he

http://www-misc.wtgroupllc.com/myste...tery_tree.html

Any ideas what it might be?
Old 17-05-2009, 08:56 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Mike Ruskai wrote:
We recently cleaned up a heap of accumulating refuse that had started as a
makeshift tarp shed (dumpsters are worth the rental), and there was a small
tree amidst it all which has started growing again.

It's about five feet tall, and pictures of the leaves can be found he

http://www-misc.wtgroupllc.com/myste...tery_tree.html

Any ideas what it might be?

Looks like Ailanthus altissima. Common name is Tree of Heaven.
It is a fast spreading weed. Kill it!

-Philip
Old 18-05-2009, 10:03 AM posted to sci.bio.botany

On May 17, 9:56*pm, Philip Wright wrote:
Mike Ruskai wrote:
We recently cleaned up a heap of accumulating refuse that had started as a
makeshift tarp shed (dumpsters are worth the rental), and there was a small
tree amidst it all which has started growing again.

It's about five feet tall, and pictures of the leaves can be found he

http://www-misc.wtgroupllc.com/myste...tery_tree.html

Any ideas what it might be?

Looks like Ailanthus altissima. Common name is Tree of Heaven.
It is a fast spreading weed. Kill it!

-Philip

I totally agree with Phillip... though a nice and quicly growing tree,
it has a tendensy to grow as fast as wildfires and it produces huge
amounts of seeds. Also, it smells really bad when in flower
marios