Old 26-04-2003, 01:30 PM
1_Patriotic guy

Default Plants, Carbon Dioxide and Oxygen

I'd like to learn about plant production of oxygen -- Can adding plants to a
house make a useable difference in the oxygen level in the home -- Will they
get rid of carbon dioxide in the home?

Thanks in advance.

Old 26-04-2003, 01:30 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

schreef
... someone who is less than nice

Must be Official now: Iris is a less than nice person ;-)
PvR

Old 26-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Vcoerulea

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
schreef
... someone who is less than nice

Must be Official now: Iris is a less than nice person ;-)
PvR

Hey, P van, let's give Iris a chance. She's toned it down considerably as
evidenced by the last peach-apple answer. She's bright, does good searches,
and asks good questions.
Cereoid is a lost cause. His humanoid responses bespeak his gutter-trash
ancestor. It's obviously a genetic thing.
Tune back in soon for the latest in paranoid Cereoid trash gushing.

Old 26-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Howard Clase

In article ,
Iris Cohen wrote:
It's obviously a genetic thing.

No, it's age related. I remember when the average person learned in public high
school that green plants consume carbon dioxide and produce oxygen, but in
minute amounts. Nowadays they try to cram a lot of high school material into
middle school students who are not ready for it, & the result is that they are
actually learning less.
I think I explained in another group that cranky old ladies have PMS all the
time (post menopausal syndrome).

While I agree in general about the quality of teachers, knowledge wasn't
always sensibly applied - any more than it is these days. I remember that
nurses in hospitals used to take the flowers out of the wards at night
because while they produced oxygen during the day they used it up at night
- as if the quantities involved made any difference in drafty old English
hospitals.

There was an explanation for the quality of teachers too. I was at Grammar
(High) School in the 1950's. Many of our teachers had graduated during the
depression when there wasn't much employment and taeching was one of the
few oportunities available to them, so more better qualified poeple went
into the profession than nowadays.

Howard Clase