Old 09-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Registered User

Smile Seeds for a Europe-wide schools experiment

I am currently developing a schools resource on Mendelian Genetics where school pupils grow some seeds to a point where they can observe a Mendelian trait. The pupils can then enter their results into a Europe-wide database and hopefully watch as these results tend to the appropriate ratios. I have read the comments made in this forum and I agree that there could be over-emphasis on Mendalian genetics but I think it is an excellent starting point for school pupils just starting out in their studies of the subject. To that end, does anyone know of an easy-to-see trait in a plant that could be grown quickly and easily from seed? I am having some problems with seed providers.

Many Thanks

Tom Simpson

Botany Schools CJS Plant Science 0 05-09-2006 07:45 AM
Good grad schools for Botany Lewis Lang Plant Science 0 06-02-2005 11:27 AM
wildlife gardens for schools gardenadvice United Kingdom 0 30-11-2003 05:05 PM
agricultural schools Simon Stenkle Edible Gardening 5 28-06-2003 07:08 PM
Farmer field schools... and more (LEISA) Frederick Noronha \(FN\) sci.agriculture 0 04-05-2003 11:57 AM