GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Weed for identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/186895-weed-identification.html)

[email protected] 28-08-2009 03:07 PM

Weed for identification

WOndering if anyone recognizes this weedy plant. Lots of seedlings just
appeared this year and I let a couple grow to try to see what it might be.
About 60cm tall.

It's growing in the Washington, DC area.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67073460@N00/3864244091/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67073460@N00/3864244071/

--
kathy
at fred

monique 28-08-2009 09:28 PM

Weed for identification

Looks like Fatoua villosa, an herb in the Moraceae. Not something you
want to encourage. Compare
http://pubs.caes.uga.edu/caespubs/pubcd/C867-5.htm

M. Reed

[email protected] 28-08-2009 10:34 PM

Weed for identification

monique wrote:
Looks like Fatoua villosa, an herb in the Moraceae. Not something you
want to encourage. Compare
http://pubs.caes.uga.edu/caespubs/pubcd/C867-5.htm

Thanks so much. that's it, spot-on. Will get rid of the little darlings
right now.

Just pulled them up - there were a lot more of them than I had realized.

--Kathy