GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help with Flower Identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/191417-help-flower-identification.html)

Even Steven 10-05-2010 05:45 PM

Help with Flower Identification

Hello from Arizona,
I am wondering if anyone out there can identify this flowering plant
in my yard. It has a beautiful little Red flower on it. I can't find
it in any of my wildflower books. I know it was planted here though
years ago.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen...ol-1443157@N22

Stewart Robert Hinsley 10-05-2010 06:55 PM

Help with Flower Identification

In message
,
Even Steven writes
Hello from Arizona,
I am wondering if anyone out there can identify this flowering plant
in my yard. It has a beautiful little Red flower on it. I can't find
it in any of my wildflower books. I know it was planted here though
years ago.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen...ol-1443157@N22

A Salvia, possibly Salvia microphylla, but if you're in Arizona there's
probably a wide variety of possible identifications.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley