GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ....flower ID or confirmation. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/191450-flower-id-confirmation.html)

Raphanus 12-05-2010 07:09 PM

....flower ID or confirmation.

A couple of dozen of these popped up around my mailbox in Aiken, SC.
The stems are square (Lamiaceae) and the plant and flowers are pretty
small. I have some photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/raphanus97/
I "think" they are Scutellaria parvula. What causes doubt is they are
glabrous - not pubescent and the leaves are entire and lanceolate. We
have planted some cultivars around the mailbox so they could be
introduced - not native. Any help would be appreciated.

Raphanus 13-05-2010 09:08 PM

....flower ID or confirmation.

On May 12, 2:09*pm, Raphanus wrote:
A couple of dozen of these popped up around my mailbox in Aiken, SC.
The stems are square (Lamiaceae) and the plant and flowers are pretty
small. *I have some photos athttp://www.flickr.com/photos/raphanus97/
I "think" they are Scutellaria parvula. *What causes doubt is they are
glabrous - not pubescent and the leaves are entire and lanceolate. *We
have planted some cultivars around the mailbox so they could be
introduced - not native. *Any help would be appreciated.

It's been ID'ed. (Credit to John Nelson of the SC Herbarium) S.
racemosa.