GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   problem with my tomato plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/194226-problem-my-tomato-plant.html)

B. P. TBC 26-10-2010 09:18 PM

problem with my tomato plant

Hi all!

I had an old (cca. 10 years old) tomato seed (Prisca F1). I tried to bed
it. After it sprouted, it grew good. Yet it is ~40 cm tall, and lost
many leaves. Its leaves becomes thin and hard, and dry up. And last 2
days all leaves started to fade.
What is the reason, and how can I rescue this plant?
Many thanks!

(P.s.: sorry, my english is bad, but I hope, you can understand it.)

Stewart Robert Hinsley 29-10-2010 11:31 AM

problem with my tomato plant

In message , B. P. TBC
writes
Hi all!

I had an old (cca. 10 years old) tomato seed (Prisca F1). I tried to
bed it. After it sprouted, it grew good. Yet it is ~40 cm tall, and
lost many leaves. Its leaves becomes thin and hard, and dry up. And
last 2 days all leaves started to fade.
What is the reason, and how can I rescue this plant?
Many thanks!

(P.s.: sorry, my english is bad, but I hope, you can understand it.)

You don't describe the conditions in which you are growing it. Tomatoes
require warmth, light and moisture - even in a heated greenhouse they
would be struggling by this time of year.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley