Old 26-08-2011, 04:01 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
csd csd is offline

Default Juvenile Foliage in Cypress

I can't complain. They are definitely growing & looking healthier, albeit still with juvenile foliage. I will leave them out in the fall just until frost, & then give them my equivalent of a Mediterranean dormancy, which is the way I treat most of my subtropicals. They will be in the unheated sunporch until some time in December or early January, just about down to freezing but not below. Then they will go under fluorescent lights until spring. This usually works.
Iris
Old 25-10-2011, 10:15 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Here it is October, a mild fall, and the cypress are still outside. They continue to look huskier, and the upper foliage is beginning to look sort of scalier.
Iris
Old 15-01-2012, 04:54 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

The cypresses have been indoors under fluorescent lights since the end of October. I am beginning to see tiny bits of more adult foliage here & there. It is a lighter shade of green. When it becomes easily visible, I will post a picture to the Internet Bonsai Club, ibonsaiclub.forumotion.com/
Iris