GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant ID.....? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/199543-plant-id.html)

adelaide 31-08-2011 10:57 AM

Plant ID.....?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...082011611.jpg/

The plant is herbaceous, very very abundant. Its height is approximately 1
to 2 meters. Colonies of the plant are growing on the surface that was
flooded last year. The Rudbeckia genus was suspected, but this plant looks
diferent...
Greetings to everyone, hope for your sugestions.:-)

Stewart Robert Hinsley 31-08-2011 11:18 AM

Plant ID.....?

In message , adelaide
writes
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...082011611.jpg/

The plant is herbaceous, very very abundant. Its height is approximately 1
to 2 meters. Colonies of the plant are growing on the surface that was
flooded last year. The Rudbeckia genus was suspected, but this plant looks
diferent...
Greetings to everyone, hope for your sugestions.:-)

This newsgroup is not very active. You could try rec.gardens.

That said, from the photograph I couldn't even place it as a composite,
but assuming that it is, possibly a species of Bidens.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

adelaide 31-08-2011 01:39 PM

Plant ID.....?

This newsgroup is not very active. You could try rec.gardens.

That said, from the photograph I couldn't even place it as a composite,
but assuming that it is, possibly a species of Bidens.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks a lot, it helps. Now I can surely recognize the plant as Bidens
frondosa...