GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cancer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/203208-cancer.html)

ram singh 22-04-2012 07:26 AM

cancer

is cancer communicable or not

Stewart Robert Hinsley 22-04-2012 02:10 PM

cancer

In message
, ram
singh writes
is cancer communicable or not

1) There a few naturally transmissible cancers. The two that I recall
are canine venereal sarcoma (in domestric dogs) and devil facial tumour
disease (in Tasmanian devils). Wikipedia tells me of a third case, in
Syrian hamsters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonall...issible_cancer

2) The same Wikipedia article tells me of a case of transmission of a
cancer from a patient to a surgeon.

3) Some cancers are not transmissible in themselves, but are caused by
viruses, which are transmissible.

4) Look up allogeneic tumours. These normally do not take hold, but are
experimentally induced in, for example, immune-suppressed mice.

5) Why are you asking in botany newsgroup? Botany is the study of
plants.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley