GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Big plant small strange flowers Oregon coast -- any ideas? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/204113-big-plant-small-strange-flowers-oregon-coast-any-ideas.html)

Pachi 19-06-2012 04:20 PM

Big plant small strange flowers Oregon coast -- any ideas?

http://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/t467/pacharry/

About 20 of these plant popped up when I removed the ivy. Now they are about 4 feet tall. Can't figure out the flower (see the macro). This is a hillside backyard, 1/2 mile from the shore, Brookings Oregon.

Stewart Robert Hinsley 19-06-2012 10:13 PM

Big plant small strange flowers Oregon coast -- any ideas?

In message ,
Pachi writes
http://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/t467/pacharry/

About 20 of these plant popped up when I removed the ivy. Now they are
about 4 feet tall. Can't figure out the flower (see the macro). This is
a hillside backyard, 1/2 mile from the shore, Brookings Oregon.

Try Euphorbia lathyris (caper spurge) or some other Euphorbia. (And, yes
Euphorbia pseudanthia are strange.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley