Old 23-06-2012, 06:12 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default qPCR NEWS June 2012 - first announcement qPCR & NGS 2013

qPCR NEWS June 2012 - first announcement qPCR & NGS 2013

Dear researcher,
dear Gene Quantification page reader,

Our newsletter informs about the latest news in quantitative real-time PCR
(qPCR and RT-qPCR), which are compiled and summarised on the Gene Quantification homepage. The
focus of this newsletter issue is:

* First announcement qPCR & NGS Symposium in March 2013 = http://www.qPCR-NGS-2013.net
* Follow our "GeneQuan Daily NEWS" - a daily updated newsletter around
Gene Quantification and qPCR = http://daily-news.gene-quantification.info
* GenEx - a powerful tool For qPCR data analysis - new GenEx user
guide - download a free trial version = http://genex.gene-quantification..info

_____

First announcement qPCR & NGS Symposium in Freising-Weihenstephan
18-22 March 2013
http://www.qpcr-ngs-2013.net

On behalf of the Organisation Committee and the Scientific Board it is a
great pleasure to invite you to the 6th International qPCR & NGS 2013 Event..
The event is divided in a 3-day scientific Symposium with an Industrial
Exhibition and various 2-day Application Workshop to be held at the Center
of Life Science in Freising Weihenstephan, Technische Universität München
(Germany). The great international interest in the previous meetings ( qPCR
2004 to qPCR 2011) led us to the decision to repeat the Symposium in spring 2013. We expect
500-600 participants coming from all over the world, in 2011 we could
welcome participants from 56 contries, and roughly 30-40 international
companies in the qPCR Industrial Exhibition.

We have set the date for the qPCR & NGS 2013
Event to 18th - 22nd March 2013. The event location is the
http://goo.gl/maps/3PbV central lecture hall complex and the foyer at TUM
(Technical University of Munich) in Freising Weihenstephan, Germany (
http://goo.gl/maps/3PbV Google Maps link or
http://www.gene-quantification.de/qpcr-ngs-2013/qPCR-NGS-2013-location.kmz
Google Earth link). The TUM and the Biotech region around Munich is part of
the largest Biotech cluster in Europe, located close to the Munich airport
in the heart of Bavaria.

The focus of the qPCR & NGS 2013 Event will be on: Next Generation
Thinking in Molecular Diagnostics

Leading academic researchers and industrial contributors in the field will
participate in the symposium, which will be an arena for fruitful
discussions between researchers of different backgrounds. The Symposium
Talks, Poster Sessions, Industrial Exhibition and associated qPCR & NGS
Application Workshops offer an overview of the present knowledge and future
developments in qPCR, next generation sequencing and gene expression
measurement technology and its wide applications in research.

The symposium will focus on 70 lectures and a huge poster exhibition will be
presented by internationally recognised experts in their field. The emphasis
will be on unbiased, didactic information exchange. Internationally renown
speakers will be participating in a lively and exciting programme enabling
the valuable exchange of information in the qPCR and Next Generation
Sequencing field. One third of the talks will be presented by selected
invited speakers, one third will be selected from the submitted abstracts
and one third will be presented by qPCR & NGS related company R&D
representatives. All scientific contributions will be published in the qPCR
2013 Symposium Proceedings (ISBN to be announced).

Full papers from selected invited academic and industrial speakers and
application notes from industrial speakers will be published in a METHODS
special issue "Transcriptional Biomarkers" edited by Michael W. Pfaffl
(published January 2013). At the meeting all participants will get a free
hard cover of this special Methods issue. Please have a look to our previous
issue http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/10462023/50 =
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/10462023/50 "The ongoing
evolution of qPCR" METHODS special qPCR Vol 50 issue 4 (April 2010)

_____

Symposium Talk & Poster sessions = http://sessions.qpcr-ngs-2013.net

* Main Topic: Molecular diagnostics
* Main Topic: Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
* Main Topic: Transcriptional Biomarkers
* High throughput analysis in qPCR
* Systems biology
* Single-cells diagnostics
* MIQE & QM strategies in qPCR
* non-coding RNAs - microRNA, siRNA, long non-coding RNAs
* Digital PCR & Nano-fluidics
* Pre-analytical Steps
* BioStatistics & BioInformatics
* qPCR & NGS data analysis
* Lunch Seminars:
* qBASEplus - data analysis lunch seminar
* GenEx - data analysis lunch seminar
* NGS data analysis lunch seminars
* more to be announced........

* The registration starts in July 2012

View our qPCR 2011 event trailer on YouTube = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp8WwPyLW8Y

Download the latest Event Flyer = http://tinyurl.com/qPCR-NGS-2013

_____

Industrial Exhibition http://exhibition.qpcr-ngs-2013.net/

An industrial exhibition will be held during the Symposium from 18 - 20th
March 2013 in the foyer of the central lecture hall complex
http://exhibition.qpcr-ngs-2013.net/ (green frame) and in two side rooms
S1 and S2 (blue frame). According to the booth location we have around 30-40
booth in different prize categories. They are all grouped around the central
lecture halls H14 and H15 and fits up to 650 people.

To book a booth and for further details about the industrial exhibition,
e.g. exhibition contract, technical management, stand allocation, electronic
installations, internet connection (W-LAN), etc. we are pleased to answer
your questions. For details about the sponsoring please contact our
organisation team =

_____

Follow our new established "GeneQuan Daily NEWS"
A daily updated newsletter around Gene Guantification and qPCR -
http://daily-news.gene-quantification.info/

_____

GenEx v5 - qPCR data analysis software
NEW GenEx PDF user guides
http://genex.gene-quantification.info

GenEx 5 - A Powerful Tool For qPCR Data Analysis
GenEx is a popular software for qPCR data processing and analysis. Built in
a modular fashion GenEx provides a multitude of functionalities for the qPCR
community, ranging from basic data editing and management to advanced
cutting-edge data analysis. View our webpage and download a FREE trial
version = http://genex.gene-quantification.info/
GenEx.gene-quantification.info

Basic data editing and management
Arguably the most important part of qPCR experiments is to pre-process the
raw data into shape for subsequent statistical analyses. The pre-processing
steps need to be performed consistently in correct order and with
confidence. GenEx Standard's streamlined and user-friendly interface ensures
mistake-free data handling. Intuitive and powerful presentation tools allow
professional illustrations of even the most complex experimental designs.

Advanced cutting-edge data analysis
When you need more advanced analyses GenEx Enterprise is the product for
you. Powerful enough to demonstrate feasibility it often proves sufficient
for most users demands. Current features include parametric and
non-parametric statistical tests, Principal Component Analysis, and
Artificial Neural Networks. New features are continuously added to GenEx
with close attention to customers' needs.

New features
Sample handling and samples individual biology often contribute to
confounding experimental variability. By using the new nested ANOVA feature
in GenEx version 5 user will be able to evaluate variance contributions from
each step in the experimental procedure. With a good knowledge of the
variance contributions, an appropriate distribution of experimental
replicates can be selected to minimize confounding variance and maximize the
power of the experimental design! For experiments with complex features,
such as for example multifactorial diseases, analytical relationships and
classifications may not readily be available. The support vector machine
feature in the new version of GenEx is so easy to use that it will make this
advanced supervised classification method easily available to novice users,
while providing access to advanced parameters for experts.

View our webpage and download a FREE trial version =
http://genex.gene-quantification.info/

GenEx PDF user guides:

_____

Best regards,

Michael W. Pfaffl
responsible Editor of the Gene Quantification Pages

If this newsletter is not displayed correctly by your email client, please
use following LINK= http://qpcrnews.gene-quantification.info