GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato suckers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/204449-tomato-suckers.html)

Theo55 15-07-2012 06:27 PM

Tomato suckers

Hi
I am growing a variety of tomato thtat is grown up the Vesuvio vulcano .. its specificity is thta can , when ripen or mid ripen , cut and put on a string make a sort of pineaplle hung and left for winthers .. it lasts about six months from end of july to early easter edible, , of course in a ventilated space and with a mild climate i.e 12 -15 C°

I noticed that makes many suckers, and decided to put some suckers inside the soil .. from suckers new plants will grow .. so tomato has a possibility to develope roots from green watery suckers !
Theo 55

Jordan Legare 16-07-2012 01:18 PM

Tomato suckers

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:27:22 +0000, Theo55
wrote:

Hi
I am growing a variety of tomato thtat is grown up the Vesuvio
vulcano .. its specificity is thta can , when ripen or mid ripen , cut
and put on a string make a sort of pineaplle hung and left for
winthers .. it lasts about six months from end of july to early easter
edible, , of course in a ventilated space and with a mild climate
i.e 12 -15 C°

I noticed that makes many suckers, and decided to put some suckers
inside the soil .. from suckers new plants will grow .. so tomato has a
possibility to develope roots from green watery suckers !
Theo 55

Good idea!

I guess we only remve the suckers because we have decided to grow
tomatoes verticaly where this plant was really meant to be a crawling
plant. Get an indeterminate variety and you'll end up with an invasive
specie ;)

Jordan