Old 28-06-2016, 01:53 AM posted to
Default 14.5 Million Year-Old Fossil Plants

Rather recently, I uploaded a series of photographs of fossil leaves,
winged conifer seeds, and conifer needles from a roughly 14.5 million
year-old locality in the middle Miocene Esmeralda Formation, Great Basin
Desert, Nevada. It's from a page that pertains to the most diverse,
complete, terrestrial (land-laid) Miocene paleo-biota in North
America--and perhaps the world.

Images of fossil plants from the middle Miocene Esmeralda Formation: