Old 15-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default south side of a solo tree in open field is the best side

Now I wonder about something of trees in the northern temperate
climates. I mean solo trees in fields. And we can assume that the light
from the Sun favors
the south side because it is in the northern hemisphere. And because it
favors
the south side of the tree, I would expect by statistics that most every
solo tree
would have a lush south side foliage and limb structure. That the south
side
of most every solo tree would be its best side. And as you go further
north,
these solo trees should have a greater south side advantage.

Has anyone made a stastistical study of this alleged favoritism of the
south
side?

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Old 15-05-2003, 10:08 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

There is wellknown phenomenon of lichens favoring certain sides of trees
PvR

Archimedes Plutonium schreef

Old 15-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Iris Cohen

And we can assume that the light from the Sun favors the south side because
it is in the northern hemisphere. And because it favors the south side of the
tree, I would expect by statistics that most everysolo treewould have a lush
south side foliage and limb structure. That the southside
of most every solo tree would be its best side. And as you go further north,
these solo trees should have a greater south side advantage.
Has anyone made a stastistical study of this alleged favoritism of the south
side?

Why don't you go outdoors and see for yourself?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

zone 5, what to do with south side house? Ohioguy Edible Gardening 27 25-01-2011 11:57 PM
cold frames up against south side garage Ohioguy Edible Gardening 3 12-02-2010 06:17 PM
Flowers: side by side mea305 Gardening 1 10-01-2007 03:23 PM
on the south east facing side of a house joe United Kingdom 0 17-05-2004 04:27 PM
Calling dr solo, Calling dr solo FBCS Ponds 9 11-09-2003 08:09 AM