Old 18-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Martin Nystrup Rasmussen

Default Ficus microcarpa

Hello,

I just bought an Indian Dwarf Fig Tree, Ficus microcarpa - roughly one feet
high. I was wondering...: Is this a succulent plant? How should I take care
of it? Does the plant do well at a window facing south (should I expose it
to direct (summer-)sunlight)? How often should I water it - especially
during the summer? Should I remove the metal string, pressing the stems or
roots together just below the foliage? I've clearly bought a bonsai plant -
but actually I hadn't planned to grow bonsais (I just liked the looks of the
plant). ;-D

And btw, pardon my english - I'm danish.

Best regards,

- Martin

Old 18-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Iris Cohen

Is this a succulent plant?

Not strictly a succulent, but it should dry out between waterings.

How should I take care of it?

You will find plenty of information on the web.

Does the plant do well at a window facing south (should I expose it to
direct (summer-)sunlight)?

Yes, in the winter. In the summer it should be outdoors with a little shade.

How often should I water it - especially during the summer?

Whenever the soil is partly dry.

Should I remove the metal string, pressing the stems or roots together just
below the foliage?

Yes.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 19-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Cereoid-UR12

Not a succulent at all.

Why didn't you ask the person from whom you bought the little bugger?

Do a google search for info on it.

Personally, I don't give a flying fig.

Martin Nystrup Rasmussen martinnr(AT)adslhome.dk wrote in message
k...
Hello,

I just bought an Indian Dwarf Fig Tree, Ficus microcarpa - roughly one

feet
high. I was wondering...: Is this a succulent plant? How should I take

care
of it? Does the plant do well at a window facing south (should I expose it
to direct (summer-)sunlight)? How often should I water it - especially
during the summer? Should I remove the metal string, pressing the stems or
roots together just below the foliage? I've clearly bought a bonsai

plant -
but actually I hadn't planned to grow bonsais (I just liked the looks of

the
plant). ;-D

And btw, pardon my english - I'm danish.

Best regards,

- Martin

[IBC] miniature ficus Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 4 12-02-2003 02:25 PM
miniature ficus Allen Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 06:25 PM
Banyan fig (Ficus microcarpa retusa) David Stern Bonsai 0 09-02-2003 08:01 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjamina Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] Hello & Ficus Benjimina Richard Jeffery Bonsai 0 29-01-2003 01:42 AM