Old 18-02-2003, 04:27 PM
o8TY

Default While on the subject of ferns...

Does anyone know of any scientific studies into the burning of ferns
whereupon substances similar to silver nitrate are released into the
atmosphere to seed clouds and hence bring rain.

"Martin Hodson" wrote in message
om...
I am doing some research on silicon concentrations in plants, and
would be grateful if anyone out there knew of useful references, data
etc. So far I have only found data from Japan- surely there must be
more!
Best Wishes,
Martin

Dr Martin J. Hodson,
Principal Lecturer in Environmental Biology,
School of Biological and Molecular Sciences,
Oxford Brookes University,
Gipsy Lane, Headington,
Oxford, OX3 0BP, UK

Tel.: ++44 (0)1865 483954