Old 02-03-2003, 01:39 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Off Topic, Pine Wanted

This is not strictly a botanical question, so I hope you will forgive me. I am
looking for an Aleppo pine, P. halepensis, in about a one or 2 gallon size. I
understand they are plentiful in southern California & the Southwest, but I
don't know any nurseries there. It can't be shipped bare root (found out the
hard way), but could be knocked out of the pot & loose soil shaken off. If
someone can find one for me, I would be happy to pay all the expenses. I need
it by the first week in April. Second choice is dwarf myrtle, Myrtus communis
microphylla, same size. Probably easier to ship.
Thanks
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."