GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "'Minds' of plants" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/35905-minds-plants.html)

Mike 08-07-2003 04:22 PM

"'Minds' of plants"

'Minds' of plants
http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro...4628-2328r.htm

Cereoid-UR12- 08-07-2003 10:15 PM

"'Minds' of plants"

Another example of sensationalistic hack reporting. Would have expected to
see badly written garbage like that in a rag like The Weekly World News.
Dumbing down the news is bad enough but completely misinterpreting
information is almost inexcusable. This person tries to make to story
something worthy of the X-files but even Mulder and Scully would know better
than to believe such nonsense.

http://www.thex-files.com/main_flash.html

Biochemical responses to stimuli are not even remotely the same as
intelligence but all of you here are already well aware of that. There is
nothing new about plants producing toxins either.

The truth is way out there!!!

om...

Iris Cohen 09-07-2003 07:58 PM

"'Minds' of plants"

'Minds' of plants
http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro...4628-2328r.htm

Rampant anthropomorphism. As I said in a previous post, it is all done with
chemical responses, and has nothing whatever to do with thinking.BRBR

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Sean Houtman 14-07-2003 07:55 PM

"'Minds' of plants"

From: (Iris Cohen)

'Minds' of plants
http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro...4628-2328r.htm

Rampant anthropomorphism. As I said in a previous post, it is all done with
chemical responses, and has nothing whatever to do with thinking.

But, but... thinking is all done with chemical responses too. ;)

Sean

--
Visit my photolog page; http://members.aol.com/grommit383/myhomepage
Last updated 08-04-02 with 15 pictures of the Aztec Ruins.

P van Rijckevorsel 14-07-2003 08:08 PM

"'Minds' of plants"

Sean Houtman schreef
But, but... thinking is all done with chemical responses too. ;)

+ + +
No, no! ... thinking is all done with electric signals.
This talk of people thinking with their hormones is just talk ;-)
PvR