Old 11-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default differences between plant mitochondrial DNA and animal Plants the

Today I was wondering about whether a plant clone such as say aspen trees
or locust tree root cutting have the same mitochondrial DNA. That is, is a
plant clone identical to parent whereas in animals, any clone is say 60% or
80%
identical to parent because the mitochrondrial DNA is not able to be
transferred
as exact duplicate.

And so, in my thoughts I realized I may have another Bifurcation of Physics
upon Biology. Another dualism in biology or inverse relationship. That only

plants of the plant kingdom can reproduce 100% copies whereas animals a
fraction due to nontransferrability of mitochondrial DNA.

If that is the case, then that would imply another inverse relationship in
that plants
have a high percentage of copy-ability whereas animals have a low
percentage.
Perhaps this percentage numbers comes out to be an inverse relationship of
say plants 60% and animals 40% where some plant species is 98% and some
animal species 2%.

The Mitochrondia deals with motion and animals need motion which sets them
apart from plants and the plant kingdom.

Recently I was talking about the inverse relationship between calcium
skeleton
of animals compared to carbon for plants (trunk or stem etc) And a poster
pointed out that most animals are insects and they have a carbon
exoskeleton.
My rejoinder to that is that the Linnaeus Classification needs revamping in
that
animals need be classified by "size". For it is well known in Quantum
Mechanics that we classify particles as to size and speed. Fastmoving and
small masses
to slow and large masses. Likewise the Animal kingdom needs revision where
the insects are Animal kingdom #1 and larger animals as Animal kingdom #2.

Now the question of Mitochrondial DNA may further impose lines in the
Linnaeus Classification sheme in that the larger the animal the less
percentage
of exact copy clone but as you get to the small animals such as insects and

smaller then the copy percentage rises.

More in the future,,, I hope... for this topic has been on my mind for
about
5 years now and the posts to the Internet evinces that.

For me, it is not a question of can or cannot Quantum Mechanics redo the
Linnaeus Classification scheme of life, not a question of can but a
question
of when physics will subsume biology in its broadest forms and trashcan the

Linnaeus system.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies