GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pimia rhamnoides (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/3744-pimia-rhamnoides.html)

Stewart Robert Hinsley 05-03-2003 07:03 PM

Pimia rhamnoides

Does anyone know anything about Pimia rhamnoides Seem.? It's in Bentham
and Hooker's Genera Plantarum as a monotypic genus endemic to Fiji,
placed in Sterculiaceae:Lasiopetaleae, and also in Hutchinson with the
same placement, but not in the recent revision of Malvaceae _sensu lato_
from Bayer, and I can't find any other mention of it, other than the
bare listing in IPNI.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

P van Rijckevorsel 05-03-2003 09:32 PM

Pimia rhamnoides

Afraid not. Mabberley (1997) recognises it as a monotypic genus. Of course
there is Seemann's flora of Fiji but I don't know in how much detail he
goes. Don't really know if there is a good contemporary flora of Fiji. There
does exist a guide of the flora's of the world.
PvR

Stewart Robert Hinsley schreef in berichtnieuws

Stewart Robert Hinsley 05-03-2003 10:51 PM

Pimia rhamnoides

In article , P van
Rijckevorsel writes
Mabberley (1997) recognises it as a monotypic genus.

Where does he place it?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

P van Rijckevorsel 06-03-2003 08:11 AM

Pimia rhamnoides

P van Rijckevorsel writes
Mabberley (1997) recognises it as a monotypic genus.

Stewart Robert Hinsley schreef
Where does he place it?

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley