GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clover Color (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/39467-re-clover-color.html)

Iris Cohen 05-08-2003 08:12 PM

Clover Color

"Does anyone know if there is a blue or purple clover?

Nah. How about an orange flowered shamrock for Northern Ireland?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

P van Rijckevorsel 05-08-2003 09:32 PM

Clover Color

"Does anyone know if there is a blue or purple clover?

Iris Cohen schreef
Nah. How about an orange flowered shamrock for Northern Ireland?

+ + +
I would have thought there is no shortage of purple colored Trifolium
species.

Are you sure you want to go into shamrock country? Besides, what is wrong
with yellow?

Orange is not a (universally) popular color in Northern Island, and wearing
an orange flowered shamrock there might be enough to have parts of one's
anatomy altered for the worse.
PvR