Old 15-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Roraima shrub identification, Oops

I knew that didn't look right. It's Vellozia.
A HREF="http://www.ibiblio.org/pbs/pbswiki/index.php/Vellozia"PbsWiki -
Vellozia/A
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 15-09-2003, 06:22 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Iris Cohen schreef
I knew that didn't look right. It's Vellozia.
http://www.ibiblio.org/pbs/pbswiki/index.php/Vellozia
Iris,

+ + +
The most revealing picture appears to be:
http://www.biologie.uni-hamburg.de/b...y/vellozia.htm

which does not look exactly like the current plant, although with the amount
of detail in the picture anything is possible.
PvR

Old 16-09-2003, 05:21 AM
zosdad

(Iris Cohen) wrote in message ...
I knew that didn't look right. It's Vellozia.
A HREF="http://www.ibiblio.org/pbs/pbswiki/index.php/Vellozia"PbsWiki -
Vellozia/A
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Ah, that brings up hits:

http://ridgwaydb.mobot.org/mobot/pho...&imgorder=0009

....however, are you thinking of the ground plant in the picture, with
the long, linear leaves? I'm looking at the shrub in the upper left,
with the long, woody stems and succulent-ish leaves...

http://www.heliamphora.de/cms/images...010829_579.jpg

I just came up with a guess at the shrub, from the MOBOT site on the
Guyana Highlands: Bonnetia spp. (Bonnetiaceae):

http://ridgwaydb.mobot.org/mobot/pho...&imgorder=0015

or

http://ridgwaydb.mobot.org/mobot/pho...&imgorder=0017

Getting warmer, perhaps?