GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   wet or dry soil in Autumn; which do plants like?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/44719-wet-dry-soil-autumn%3B-do-plants-like.html)

Archimedes Plutonium 04-10-2003 02:02 PM

wet or dry soil in Autumn; which do plants like??

We had our first frost and the ash trees about to lose all their leaves
and shower their seeds. And the amur maples are crimson red but the
apricot leaves are still green and the asparagus are giving a nice new
green leaves. The raspberries are prolific and producing berries every
day.

Question: how crucial is water to plants and trees before winter? In
this time of Autumn do plants and trees like to have alot of water
around or do they prefer dryness. Since they are trying to shed water
out of their trunk system I would guess that they do not care whether it
is wet or dry in the soil.

So does someone have a scientific answer as to whether trees and plants
prefer a wet or dry Autumn??

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies