Old 20-10-2003, 02:12 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Acorn in water - one nut is all it takes (to grow a tree)

Cereoid-UR12- schreef
Just because some "word" is in some dictionary that doesn't mean its a

real word.

+ + +
Would depend more or less on the dictionary, wouldn't it?
If a word is in all the big dictionaries this speaks volumes.
You really do live in a little world of your own making, don't you?
+ + +

There are slang dictionaries full of words of dubious merit.

+ + +
We certainly see you using plenty such words!
PvR

Old 20-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

You have that backwards, Spirogyra.

Dictionaries depend on words, not the other way arounds.

Word to you mother, Rinkytink.

Sorry Fluffboy, but you can't get into my world no matter how much you beg.

Old 13-11-2003, 05:22 PM
hermine stover

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:51:22 +0200, "P van Rijckevorsel"
wrote:

Cereoid-UR12- schreef
Just because some "word" is in some dictionary that doesn't mean its a

real word.

+ + +
Would depend more or less on the dictionary, wouldn't it?
If a word is in all the big dictionaries this speaks volumes.
You really do live in a little world of your own making, don't you?
+ + +

There are slang dictionaries full of words of dubious merit.

+ + +
We certainly see you using plenty such words!
PvR

Several points. a good dictionary is a record of how words are
actually USED. it may and often does comment on the level of
correctness of that word, if it is slang, colloquial or obsolete. an
"actuality" is a noun and has a specific meaning in the sciences of
mathematical probability.

I adore slang dictionaries, the only problem being they are out of
date the moment they are published if not before. however, antique
slang often takes its place in proper useage. words like MOB, and so
forth.