GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Question on new book (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/52675-question-new-book.html)

P van Rijckevorsel 15-02-2004 06:31 PM

Question on new book

Has anybody yet seen the book advertised here?

http://pup.princeton.edu/titles/7595.html

It looks fairly attractive, but I am dubious about buying as it covers quite
a large area: it might be of too general a nature for my taste.
PvR

Iris Cohen 16-02-2004 07:36 PM

Question on new book

Has anybody yet seen the book advertised here?

http://pup.princeton.edu/titles/7595.html

It looks more like a reference for the plant hobbyist, like Exotica. something
I would ask for in the library, rather than spend money on.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

P van Rijckevorsel 16-02-2004 09:14 PM

Question on new book

Has anybody yet seen the book advertised here?

http://pup.princeton.edu/titles/7595.html

Iris Cohen schreef
It looks more like a reference for the plant hobbyist, like Exotica.

Something I would ask for in the library, rather than spend money on.

+ + +
In such cases I tend to look at the pictures. If it has good pictures it is
worth having, if not it is something to go to the library for, and make the
occasional photocopy of. I assume Exotica is something like Hortica, which I
have got here (somewhere) and wish I did not have (even though I got it at a
clearance sale): the pictures are really lousy (terribly small).

So I am hoping somebody actually saw this new book.
PvR