GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Taxonomy of 'Trost's Dwarf' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/60834-re-taxonomy-trosts-dwarf.html)

Iris Cohen 08-05-2004 02:06 AM

Taxonomy of 'Trost's Dwarf'

Is there a reason to doubt this ID is correct?

Some authorities list it as B. pendula, others just call it Betula 'Trost's
Dwarf.' There are some technical problems with it being B. pendula, but I don't
have any details.
The URLs you mentioned are not taxonomic authorities, & the botanical
references don't mention cultivars.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Iris Cohen 09-05-2004 03:07 PM

Taxonomy of 'Trost's Dwarf'

Thanks to Peter, I was able to find some information. It was registered as a
cultivar of B. pendula in 1985.