Old 26-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Dr. Stefan Burkart

Default unknown plant - shrub

Hi!

a friend of mine has an unidentified shrub in his garden (germany):
http://www.gmx.de/mc/vHH8EuFQSLhiuaiPYIflALSdD8CeE9
then enter Mediacenter.
leaves 3-5 cm long. Twigs have a very thick and wrinkled bark.

I'm a biologist and botanist, but I don't know this plant. Suggestion
is Nothofagus, but I'm not shure.
Can you help me?

many thanks,

Stefan
Old 26-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Gene Newcomb

Looks like it could be Ulmus thomasii, a native North American species.
Called rock elm or cork elm. Although not in all books it is cultivated
and listed in Hortus Third.

Gene

Old 17-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Registered User

I could not see the photo, but if it is Ulmus Thomasii, then I am interested in obtaining a cutting or two to propogate.

Many thanks
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Stefan Burkart

Unknown shrub vomog Gardening 2 04-09-2015 04:55 PM
Unknown shrub / tree from Malta Dave Hill United Kingdom 3 11-07-2011 10:15 AM
Unknown Shrub Dave Hill United Kingdom 2 24-03-2007 05:25 PM
I found what my unknown trailing plant was!!! [email protected] Gardening 0 02-06-2003 12:20 AM
[IBC] unknown shrub, can it be used for bonsai? Sam Williams Bonsai 6 13-02-2003 03:55 AM