Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default grafted rootstock

I am questioning an assumption. I assume that all shoots emanating from
a grafted tree of its original rootstock is to be pruned off and
suppressed so that the graft becomes the sole plant above ground. Is
that assumption in error? Or can a tree be allowed to express itself
without the graft being exclusive expression above ground?

I wonder if there is an advantage to not cutting off all rootstock
shoots.