Old 23-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Dario Biolcati Rinaldi

Default new botany site

400 botanical species:
http://www.parcogiardinomariasofia.it

Old 23-07-2004, 03:13 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Dario Biolcati Rinaldi schreef
400 botanical species:
http://www.parcogiardinomariasofia.it

+ + +
There are only pictures of very few of these 400 species, and none of these
pictures is accompanied by the name of the plant. More a guessing game than
anything else?
PvR

Old 23-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Cereus-validus

Looks like nothing more than another poorly conceived vanity garden home
page to me.

Where are those alleged 400 botanical species?

Are they hiding behind the statues and fountains?

No botany found there at all.

Old 23-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Iris Cohen

400 botanical species:
http://www.parcogiardinomariasofia.it

Sorry, but your spelling and taxonomy are atrocious.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 23-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Cereus-validus

Your are being too nice.

Most of the names are completely wrong.

http://www.parcogiardinomariasofia.it/Homeset.htm

Get back to us when you get the names straightened out, Daryl.

Old 24-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Dario Biolcati Rinaldi

Could you tell me some wrong name, so i can change them?

m...

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
400 botanical species:
http://www.parcogiardinomariasofia.it

Sorry, but your spelling and taxonomy are atrocious.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"If we see light at the end of the tunnel, It's the light of the

oncoming
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Old 24-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , Dario Biolcati
Rinaldi writes
Could you tell me some wrong name, so i can change them?

You seem to have mixed Italian and botanical names, and descriptions,
without any punctuation or formatting to separate them, so the list is
confused, especially as I have hardly any Italian. It also looks as it's
been unsuccessfully OCRed, with the presence of 1s (one's) in some of
the names, and frequent use of M for N. Possibly also spell-corrected as
if it was Italian.

I attach an attempt at translating the names into botanical.

AZALEA RUSTICA

ABELIA FLORIBUNDA
OK

ABETE DEL CAUCASO

ABIES PICEA ALBA PECTINATA ABETE BIANCO

ABIES PICEA NORMANDIANA
Abies nordmanniana

ABIES PICEA PUNGES GLAUCA HOPSII
Picea pungens cultivar?

ABIES PICEA PUNGES GLAUCA NANA
Picea pungens cultivar?

ABIES PICEAABETE ROSSO ~

ACACIA JULlBRISSIM ALBIZZIA
Acacia or Albizzia julibrissin (the latter seems to be current)

ACERO ARGENTO VARIEGATUM MEGUNDO
Acer negundo 'Variegatum'

ACERO BUOARGENIANUM
Acer buergenianum

ACERO CAMPESTRIS OPPIO
Acer campestris (don't know what OPPIO represents)

ACERO CAPPODOCICUM
Acer cappodocicum

ACERO CRIMSON KING
Acer platanoides 'Crimson King'

ACERO DRUMMONDIII PLATANOIDES
Acer platanoides 'Drummondii'

ACERO FLAMINGO MEGUNDO
Acer negundo 'Flamingo'

ACERO GINNALA
Acer ginnala

ACERO JAPONICA PALMATUM ATROPURPUREA
Acer palmatum f. atropurpureum

ACERO LEOPOLDII

ACERO MEGUNDO AUREA VARIEGATUM
Acer negundo 'Aureovariegatum'

ACERO PALMATUM CRISPII CRISPIFOLIUM

ACERO PALMATUM DISSECTUM ATROPURPUREA
Acer palmatum Dissectum Atropurpureum Group

ACERO PSEUDOPLATANOIDES SPHAETTII
Acer pseudoplatanus 'Atropurpureum'

ACERO SACCHARINUM
Acer saccharinum

ACERO SACCHARINUM WIERII
Acer saccharinum, perhaps cv 'Laciniatum Wieri'

AESCULUS IPPOCASTANO COMUNE
Aesculus hippocastaneum wild type

AGAVE AMERICANA
OK

AGAVE FEROX

AILANTHUS ALTISSIMA GLANDULOSA AILANTO
Ailanthus altissima

ALNUS GLUTINOSA FRANGULA

ALNUSGLUTINOSA ONTANO NERO

AMELANCHIER CAMADENSIS
Amelanchier canadensis

ARAUCARIA ARAUCANA "PINO DEL CILE"
Araucaria araucana

ARBUTUS UMEDO CORBEZZOLO

AUCUBA JAPONICA

AZZERUOLO CRATAEGUS AZAROLUS
Crataegus azarolus

BERBERIS THUNBERGII ATROPURPUREA
Berberis thunbergii f. atropurpurea

BETULA ALBA BETULLA
Betula pendula?

BIGNONIA RADICANS CAMPSIS
Campsis radicans?

BOUGAINVILLEA BUGANVILLEA VARIEGATUM
Bougainvillea glabra 'Harrisii'?

BROUSOMETIA PAPIRIFOLIA "GELSO DA CARTA"
Broussonetia papyrifolia

BULLEIA DAVIDII DIVERSI COLORI
Buddleia davidii mixed colours

BUXUS BOSSO SEMPERVIRES
Buxus sempervirens

CALLA ZANTEDESCHIA
Zantedeschia aethiopica aka Calla aethiopica?

CALYCANTHUS FRANGRAS PREACOS D'INVERNO

CAMELLlA JAPONICA
OK

CARPINELLA "CARPINO BIANCO DEL BOSCONE DELLA MESOLA"

CARPINUS BETULAS "CARPINO NERO"
Carpinus betulus

CARPINUS PIRAMIDALIS FASTIGIATA BETULUS

CASTANEA CASTAGNO SATIVA
Castanea sativa

CATALPA BIGNONIOIDES
OK

CATALPA BUNGEI BIGNOGNOIDES NANA

CEDRO DEODARA AUREA
Cedrus deodara 'Aurea'

CEDRO DEODARA PENDULA
Cedrus deodara 'Pendula'

CEDRUS DELL'HIMALAYA CEDRO DI DEODARA
Cedrus deodara

CEDRUS LlBANI "CEDRO DEL LIBANO"
OK. Cedrus libani

CEDRUSATLANTICA "CEDRO DELL'ATLANTE"
Cedrus atlantica (or Cedrus libani subsp atlantica)

CEDRUSATLANTICA GLAUCA - -
Cedrus atlantica Glauca Group

CELTIS AUSTRALIS BAGOLARO O SPACCASASSI

CERCIDIPHlLLUM JAPONICA
Cercidophyllum japonicum

CERCIS SILIQUASTRUM "ALBERO DI GIUDA"
OK

CHAENOMELES JAPONICA CRIMSON AND GOLD
Chaenomeles x superba 'Crimson and Gold'

CHAMAECYPARIS ANDORRA COMPATTA

CHAMAECYPARIS FLETCHERI VERDEAZZURRO
Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Fletcheri'

CHAMAECYPARIS LAWSONIANA ALLUMII E LANE
Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Alumii'
Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Lane'

CHAMAECYPARIS NOOTCHATENSIS PENDULA
Chamaecyparis nootkaensis 'Pendula'

CHAMAEROPS EXCELSIA TRACHDCARPUS FORTUNEI
Trachycarpus fortunei (Chamaerops excelsa Hort.)

CITRUS TRIPTERA TRIFOGLIATA FALSO ARANCIO AMARO SPINOSO

CLEMATIS ARMANDII

CLMEATIS RAMPICANTI - VARI COLORI -

CORDILINE AUSTRAUS DRACAENA INDIVISA
Cordyline indivisa?

CORNIOLO CORMUS MAS
Cornus mas

CORNUS ALBA ELEGANTISSIMA
OK

CORNUS ALBA GOUCHAULTII
OK

CORNUS CONTROVERSA
OK

CORYLLlS AVVELLANA "NOCCIOLO"
Corylus avellana

COTINUS COGGYGRIA SCOTANO ATROPURPUREA

COTONEASTER HORRIZONTALIS
Cotoneaster horizontalis

CRATAEGUS PRUMIFOGLIA MONOGINA PRUGNOLO
Crataegus persimilis 'Prunifolia'?

CRIPTOMERIA JAPONICA CRISTATA
Cryptomeria japonica 'Cristata'

CRIPTOMERIA JAPONICA GLOBOSA NANA
Cryptomeria japonica 'Globosa Nana'

CUPRESSOCIPARIS ARIZONICA
Cupressus arizonica?

ELEAEAGNUS PUNGES MACULATA AUREA
Elaeagnus pungens 'Maculata'?

ELEAEAGNUS X EBBINGEI VERDE GRIGIO
Elaeagnus x ebbingei cv

ELEAGNUS ANGUSTI FOGLIA OLlVlGNO
Elaeagnus angustifolia

ERBA DELLA PAMPAS GYNERIUM ARGENTEUM
Cortaderia selloana

EUCALYPTUS GUNNII
OK

EUONIMUS JAPONICA AUREAPICTUS
Euonymus japonicus 'Aureopictus'

EUONIMUSALATUS COMPACTUS
Euonymus alatus 'Compactus'

FAGUS FAGGIO SYLVATICA
Fagus sylvatica

FAGUS ROSSO MAYOR "FAGGIO ROSSO"
Fagus sylvatica Cuprea group?

FAGUS SYLVATICA PENDULA
Fagus sylvatica 'Pendula'

FATSIA JAPONICA ARALIA SIEBOLDII
Fatsia japonica (Aralia sieboldii Hort.)

FAXINUS DIVERSIFOGLIA
Fraxinus excelsior f. diversifolia

FRAXINUS JASPIDEA AMERICANA "FRASSINO GIALLO D'INVERNO"
Fraxinus excelsior 'Jaspidea'?

FRAXINUS ORNUS "ORNIELLO FRASSINO MAGGIORE"
OK

FRAXINUS PENDULA FRASSINO PENDULO EXCELSIOR
Fraxinus excelsior 'Pendula'

FRAYNUS VITTELLINA PENDULA

FURCRAEA MAR
Furcraea selloa var. marginata?

GELSO MORUS JBRIDA

GELSO MORUS PLATANIFOGLIA

GINKGO BILOBA
OK

GINKGO BILOBA PENDULA
Gingko biloba 'Pendula'

GIUGGIOLO ZIZVPHUS SATIVA
Zizyphus jujuba

GLEDITSCHIA TRIACANTHOS SHUNBURST GIALLA
Gleditsia triacanthos 'Sunburst'

GUAIABO DEL BRASILE FEIDOYA SELLOWIANA
Acca sellowiana

HEDERA CANARIENSIS GLOIRIEDE MARENGO
Hedera canariensis 'Gloire de Marengo'

HEDERA HELlX ELEGANTISSIMA

HIBISCUS SYRIACUS ROSSO BIANCO BLU

HYDRANGEAORTENSIA VARICOLORI
Hydrangea (Hortensias, various colours)

ILEX AGRIFOGLIA VARI COLORI'
possibly Ilex aquifolium various colours

JUCCA GLORIOSA
Yucca gloriosa

JUNIPERUS CHINENSIS PHITZERIANA AUREA
Juniperus x media 'Pfitzeriana Aurea'

KERRIA JAPONICA
OK

KOELREUTERIA PAMICULATA
Koelreuteria paniculata

KOLKWlTZIA AMABILIS
OK

LABURNUM ANAGYROIDES MAGGIO CIONDOLO

LAGESTROEMIA INDICA
Lagerstroemia indica

LANTANA CAMARA SNOW QUEEN

LAURUS ALLORA NOBIUS

LAURUS CERASUS LAURO PRUNUSCERASUS
Prunus laurocerasus?

LAVANDULA LAVANDA SPIGA

LEPTOSPERMUM SCOPARIUM
OK

LIMONE CITRUS LIMON
Citrus limon

LlGUSTRUM AUREA MARGINATA
Ligustrum ovalifolium 'Aureomarginatum'

LlPPIA CITRIODORA CITRONELLA
Aloysia triphylla

LlQUIDAMBAR STYRACIFLUA
OK

LlRIODENDRO TULIPIFERA "ALBERO DEI TULIPANI"
Liriodendron tulipifera

MACLURA AURANTIACA POMIFERA
Maclura pomifera?

MAGNOLIA SOULANGEANA
Magnolia x soulangeana

MAHONIA CHARITY
Mahonia x media 'Charity'

MELIA AZEDARACH "LILLA DELLE INDIE"
OK

MELOGRANO PUNICA GRANATUM

METASEQUOIA GLYPTOSTROBOIDES
OK

MHISCANTHUS JAPONICUS

NANDINA DOMESTICA
OK

NERIUM OLEANDER "OLEANDRO"

NESPOLO COMUNE MESPILUS GERMANICA

NOCCIOLO DI BISANZIO CORYLLlS-COLLURNA

NOCE NIGRA "NOCE NERO"

NOCE REGIA "NOCE COMUNE"

NYSSA SYLVATICA
OK

OLIVO OLEAEUROPEA
Olea europaea

ONOCLEA ATHYRIACEAE FELCE

OSMANTHUS FRAGRANS
OK

OSTRYA CARPINIFOGLIA
Ostrya carpinifolia

PAENONIA PEONIA LUTEA SUFFRUTICOSA
Paeonia something or other

PARROTIA PERSICA
OK

PARTHENOCISSUS QUINQUEFOLIA "VITE DEL CANADA
IK

PAUOLOWNIA TOMENTOSA
Paulownia tomentosa

PHILLIREA ANGUSTIFOLIA
Phillyrea angustifolia

PHORMIUM TENAX VARIEGATUM
OK

PINUS EXCELSA WALLICHIANA GRIFFITHII

PINUS MARITTIMA "PINO PINASTER"
Pinus pinaster

PINUS MUGO POMILIO
Pinus mugo var. pumilio

PINUS NIGRA "PINO NERO" AUSTRIACA
Pinus nigra ssp. nigra

PINUS PINEA "PINO DA PINOLI" EUROPEA

PINUS SYLVESTRIS "PINO DI SCOZIA"
OK

PITTOSPORUM PITTOSPORO TOBIRA
Pittosporum tobira

PLATANUS ORIENTALIS
OK

POPULUS ALBA GATTICE PIOPPO BIANCO ITALICUS

POPULUS NIGRA ITALICA PHIRAMIDALIS "CIPRESSINO"

POTENTILLA FRUTTICOSA
Potentilla fruticosa

PRUNUS ****ARDI ROSSO
Prunus cerasifera '****ardi'?

PSEUDOTSUGA MENZIESII DOUGLASIA TOXIFOLIA
Pseudotsuga menziesii

PTEROCARIA FRAXINIFOLIA CAUCASICA "FRASSINO DEL CAUCASO"
Pterocarya fraxinifolia?

PUNICA GRANATUM "NANO DELLE ANTILLE"

PUNICA GRANATUM LEGRELLEI

PYRACANTHA ANGUSTIFOLIA
OK

QUERCUS ILEX "LECCIO"
OK

QUERCUS PALUSTRIS "QUERCIA DI PALUDE"
OK

QUERCUS PUBESCENS ROVERELLA

QUERCUS ROBUR FARNIA PEDUNCOLATA

QUERCUS ROBUR FASTIGIATA
Quercus robur f. fastigiata

QUERCUS RUBRA QUERCIA BOREALIS ROSSA

QUERCUS SUBER SUGHERA "QUERCIA DA SUGHERO"

RHODODENDROH "RODODENDRO"

RHUS TYPHINA
OK

RHYNCHOSPERMUM JASMINOIDES FALSO GELSOMINO

ROBINIA HISPIDA ROSEA
Robinia hispida 'Rosea'

ROBINIA PSEUDOACACIA CASQUE ROUGE

ROBINIA UMBRECULIFERA
Robinia pseudoacacia 'Umbraculifera'

ROSAI DAI DIVERSI COLORI, ALBERELLO E CESPUGLIO

SALIX CAPREA
OK

SALlX MATSUDANA CONTORTA" SALICE TORTUOSO"
Salix babylonica var. pekinensis 'Tortuosa'

SAMBUCUS NIGRA "SAMBUCO"

SEQUOIA GIGANTEA WELLlNGTONIANA "SEQUIOIADENDRO"
Sequoiadendron giganteum

SHIADOPHISIS WERTICILLATA SCIADOPITYS
Sciadopitys verticillata

SOPHORA JAPONICA COMUNE
Sophora japonica wild type

SOPHORA JAPONICA PENDULA
Sophora japonica 'Pendula'

SORBUS "SORBO DEGLI UCCELLATORI"

SORBUS "SORBO DOMESTICA"
Sorbus domestica

SPIRAEA ARGUTA
Spiraea 'Arguta'

SPIRAEA JAPONICA SHIROBANA
Spiraea japonica 'Shirobana'

SYRINGA VULGARIS LILLA

TAMARIX GALLICA ROSEA E BIANCO
Tamarix gallica rose(pink) and white

TASSO TAXUS BACCATA FASTIGIATA
Taxus baccata 'Fastigiata'

TAXSODIUM DISTICUM "CIPRESSO:CALVO"
Taxodium distichum

TAXUS BACCATA "TASSO"
OK

THUIA PLICATA
Thuja plicata

TILIA "TILIO CORDATA"
Tilia cordata

UBOCEDRUS DECURRENS FASTIGIATA

UBOCEDRUS DECURRENS VARIEGATO CREMASI
I guess that these two are Calocedrus decurrens, but I don't
know about the cultivars.

ULMUS CAMPESTRIS

ULMUS GHElSA GIAPPONESE
Ulmus parvifolia 'Geisha'?

ULMUS GLABRA PENDULA
Ulmus glabra 'Pendula' if correctly labelled; could be
'Camperdownii'

ULMUS HOLLANDICA
Ulmus x hollandica

WEIGELIA VARIEGATA
Weigela 'Flora Variegata'?

WlSTARlA CHINENSIS "GLICINE DELLA CINA"
Wisteria sinensis?

ZANTEDESCHIA CALDA
Zantedeschia aethiopica? note that this is the 2nd occurrence in
the list

ZELCOVA SANDERIANA
Zelkova - could it be Zelkova schniederiana?

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.malvaceae.info/
Old 25-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes
In article , Dario Biolcati
Rinaldi writes
Could you tell me some wrong name, so i can change them?

You seem to have mixed Italian and botanical names, and descriptions,
without any punctuation or formatting to separate them, so the list is
confused, especially as I have hardly any Italian. It also looks as it's
been unsuccessfully OCRed, with the presence of 1s (one's) in some of
the names, and frequent use of M for N. Possibly also spell-corrected as
if it was Italian.

Oops. They're not 1s, they're lower case Ls. And I missed some.

I attach an attempt at translating the names into botanical.

CAMELLlA JAPONICA
OK

Camellia japonica

CEDRUS LlBANI "CEDRO DEL LIBANO"
OK. Cedrus libani

Cedrus libani

HEDERA HELlX ELEGANTISSIMA

Hedera helix cv

KOLKWlTZIA AMABILIS
OK

Kolkwitzia amabilis

LlQUIDAMBAR STYRACIFLUA
OK

Liquidambar styraciflua

WEIGELIA VARIEGATA
Weigela 'Flora Variegata'?

Weigela 'Florida Variegata'?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 25-07-2004, 06:07 PM

In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

I attach an attempt at translating the names into botanical.

Can I play too? N.B. My botanical credentials are nowhere near as
good as the other posters, but I've done a fair bit of work repairing
corrupted text. I probably spell things right, but may not identify
correctly, or recognise obsolete names, so don't take my word for it.
Corrections would be appreciated.

The common names I supply are obviously English, and far from universal.

ABIES PICEA PUNGES GLAUCA HOPSII
Picea pungens cultivar?

Probably the cultivar 'Hoopsi(i)' Common name: Hoopsi blue spruce

AGAVE FEROX

I think this is okay. Maybe the local succulent expert can comment.

ARBUTUS UMEDO CORBEZZOLO

Arbutus unedo? Common name: strawberry tree

AUCUBA JAPONICA

OK?

CARPINUS PIRAMIDALIS FASTIGIATA BETULUS
Carpinus betulus

f. pyramidalis fastigiata?

CITRUS TRIPTERA TRIFOGLIATA FALSO ARANCIO AMARO SPINOSO

Poncirus trifoliata? Common name: trifoliate orange.

COTINUS COGGYGRIA SCOTANO ATROPURPUREA

Cotinus coggygria 'Atropurpurea' ? Common name: smoke tree

HIBISCUS SYRIACUS ROSSO BIANCO BLU

Hibiscus syriacus
Cultivars of this plant have a wide variety of flower color and pattern.
Around here, it's called Rose of Sharon, an epithet used for many unrelated
plants elsewhere.

LAURUS ALLORA NOBIUS

Laurus nobilis? Common name: bay tree

LAVANDULA LAVANDA SPIGA

Lavandula officinalis (syn L. spica)

MELOGRANO PUNICA GRANATUM

Punica granatum Common name: pomegranate

MHISCANTHUS JAPONICUS

Miscanthus japonicus?

NERIUM OLEANDER "OLEANDRO"

OK Common name: oleander

NESPOLO COMUNE MESPILUS GERMANICA

Mespilus germanica Common name: medlar
"Nespolo" is also used for the loquat. I can't identify either visually.

PAENONIA PEONIA LUTEA SUFFRUTICOSA
Paeonia something or other

P.suffruticosa Common name: Japanese tree peony. Lots of
cultivars, including yellow ones.

PUNICA GRANATUM "NANO DELLE ANTILLE"

PUNICA GRANATUM LEGRELLEI

More kinds of pomegranate, Punica granatum.

QUERCUS RUBRA QUERCIA BOREALIS ROSSA

Quercus borealis, or maybe Q. borealis maximus Common name: red oak

QUERCUS SUBER SUGHERA "QUERCIA DA SUGHERO"

Quercus suber Common name: cork oak

SAMBUCUS NIGRA "SAMBUCO"

Sambucus nigra Common name: elderberry

SYRINGA VULGARIS LILLA

Syringa vulgaris Common name: lilac

Old 25-07-2004, 07:01 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

schreef
Can I play too? N.B. My botanical credentials are nowhere near as
good as the other posters, but I've done a fair bit of work repairing
corrupted text. I probably spell things right, but may not identify
correctly, or recognise obsolete names, so don't take my word for it.
Corrections would be appreciated.

CARPINUS PIRAMIDALIS FASTIGIATA BETULUS
Carpinus betulus

f. pyramidalis fastigiata?

+ + +
No. Likely
Carpinus betulus 'Fastigiata' (syn Carpinus betulus var pyramidalis)

Remember if it is a forma it is a name under the ICBN.
Such names can have at most three parts
+ + +

CITRUS TRIPTERA TRIFOGLIATA FALSO ARANCIO AMARO SPINOSO

Poncirus trifoliata? Common name: trifoliate orange.

+ + +
This is a creative guess, especially in view of the "amaro". The "spinoso"
does not hurt either
+ + +

QUERCUS RUBRA QUERCIA BOREALIS ROSSA

Quercus borealis, or maybe Q. borealis maximus Common name: red oak

+ + +
No. Quercus rubra (syn Quercus borealis)
PvR

Old 25-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Mike Lyle

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message .. .
Stewart Robert Hinsley schreef
You seem to have mixed Italian and botanical names, and descriptions,

without any punctuation or formatting to separate them, so the list is
confused.

+ + +
You are too good for this world.
However there are levels in this guessing game you have not penetrated, such
as the wholesale mixing in of synonyms into the already undecipherable mix
of current names and vernacular names:

[...]

Not to mention cultivar names, apparently. Actually, being usually an
inhabitant of alt.usage.english and such word-places, I found the
guessing game moderately entertaining.

Am I, do you think, wrong in fancying I detected possible evidence of
OCR?

Mike.
Old 25-07-2004, 07:23 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Mike Lyle schreef
Not to mention cultivar names, apparently. Actually, being usually an

inhabitant of alt.usage.english and such word-places, I found the
guessing game moderately entertaining.

Am I, do you think, wrong in fancying I detected possible evidence of OCR?

+ + +
No, that is quite clear. However it was already pointed out much earlier:

Old 26-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Cereus-validus

What is the relevance of that silly statement to someone's really bad
website, Peter of the Jasonauts?

Me thinks any good taxonomist would be unhappy trying to be a diplomat.
Proper identification is not compromise.