Old 14-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Sean Houtman

Zeitkind wrote in
:

In my garden, I see a lot of plants coming from around the world,
they got here without my doing. last month I made jam from mahony,
which is now growing everywhere. I would not be surprised if the
same is over there in the New Colonies. Heracleum mantegazzianum
became a plague in central europe now, many other foreign plants
too - in my garden it was eg. vigina creeper and, which is a
really beast from hell: Oxalis corniculata
(http://nafoku.de/flora/oxalidaceae/p...-330x440-d.jpg).
This Oxalis spread over all gardens and areas here the last few
years and destroys lawns and it is almost impossible to get rid
of. If you like to get killed by my ma, just say the words "red
oxalis".. Anyone knows what to do against this beast? The worst
plantaginetea I ever had.

I have found that chickens do a good job of controlling that. They
eat both the seeds and the leaves. Ducks will eat the leaves, but
let the seeds alone. Chickens are also good for controlling
chickweed in a greenhouse (duh).

Sean

Old 15-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Zeitkind

Sean Houtman wrote:

I have found that chickens do a good job of controlling that.

Well.. it's a nice idea.. somehow..

I'm not sure if I want chickens in my garden..