Old 17-08-2004, 09:55 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Dirr claims Broadmoor is staminate

Iris Cohen schreef
I know he does. Is he infallible like the Pope? He also says it is green.

These are bluish, which is how the clone is described on the Web. And they
have berries,

* * *
1) Dirr is not infallible and he got it wrong
2) Dirr is not infallible, but he got it right anyway and you (and most
everybody else) have got something that is sold as 'Broadmoor' erroneously.
Would not be the first time a cultivar is (widely) sold under a different
name.
3) Dirr is infallible. You (and most everybody else) have got something that
is sold as 'Broadmoor' erroneously. Would not be the first time a cultivar
is (widely) sold under a different name.

How should I know?
PvR

Old 18-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Iris Cohen

1) Dirr is not infallible and he got it wrong
2) Dirr is not infallible, but he got it right anyway and you (and most
everybody else) have got something that is sold as 'Broadmoor' erroneously.
Would not be the first time a cultivar is (widely) sold under a different
name.
3) Dirr is infallible. You (and most everybody else) have got something that
is sold as 'Broadmoor' erroneously. Would not be the first time a cultivar
is (widely) sold under a different name.

I agree. I think I will wait until school starts and see if anyone at the
Forestry College will take a stab at it. I also have a request in at the
library for Conifers of the World.
Meanwhile, these junipers, whatever their name, seem to have wonderful bonsai
potential, so I am anxious to have them properly identified.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)