Old 08-08-2004, 07:39 PM
JPB

Default searching for a plant

Hi

You are my last chance.. Please excuse my english, but..

My mother brought a plant from Greece. It is a shrublike now 1m high plant
with small very little blossoms green/white with a very strong smell at night
- I guess they only open at night. As far as I know, the greek call this
plant "ippotos" (knight), but I didn't found anything in any book or website.

Can anyone help identifying this one?

Tia - JPB

Hogwasher: You don't have to sacrifice friendliness for power
http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product....hogwasher.html

Old 08-08-2004, 10:02 PM
JPB

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 22:30:18 +0200, P van Rijckevorsel wrote
(in article ):

I don't seem to be able to find the picture?

Because there is none.. this is no binary-group afair..
But I could take some and put them on a website somewhere.

Posted with Hogwasher. For a free Test Drive click on:
http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product....hogwasher.html

Old 08-08-2004, 10:09 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

JPB schreef
Because there is none.. this is no binary-group afair..
But I could take some and put them on a website somewhere.

+ + +
That would work
PvR

Old 06-09-2004, 12:07 AM
MMMavocado

Cestrum nocturnum (Solanaceae), the night-blooming jasmine/jessamine.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Zeitkind

MMMavocado wrote:

Cestrum nocturnum (Solanaceae), the night-blooming jasmine/jessamine.

many thanks.. so I was wrong searching european plants. I wonder why the
greek already have a word for it. Must have been brought to Greece then
quite early last century.

And what do I learn again? Never trust the place you find a plant these
days.. *sigh*
Old 06-09-2004, 03:41 AM
Iris Cohen

Cestrum nocturnum (Solanaceae), the night-blooming jasmine/jessamine.
BRBR

Try Logee's and some of the southern nurseries. Have you done a Google search?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 05-09-2004, 12:57 AM
JPB

Due to many rainy days, the plant had no blossoms at all. But now I was able
to take some pictures. The blossoms only open at night so I took them this
evening - excuse the quality.. They are approx. 2cm long, the leafs up to
15cm.

photo1: http-removeme-://www.mein-zeugs.de/pub/ippotos1.jpg
photo2: http-removeme-://www.mein-zeugs.de/pub/ippotos2.jpg

Ne1 has the botanical (latin) name?

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 20:39:09 +0200, JPB wrote
(in article ):

Hi

You are my last chance.. Please excuse my english, but..

My mother brought a plant from Greece. It is a shrublike now 1m high plant
with small very little blossoms green/white with a very strong smell at
night
- I guess they only open at night. As far as I know, the greek call this
plant "ippotos" (knight), but I didn't found anything in any book or website.

Can anyone help identifying this one?

Tia - JPB

Posted with Hogwasher. Mac first, Mac only:
http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product....hogwasher.html