GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Banana-Leaf plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/85949-banana-leaf-plant.html)

Waju¶ 03-11-2004 06:45 PM

Banana-Leaf plant?

Hi,

Coul anyone please tell me what "banana-leaf plant" is and what is its latin
name?

Greets,
Adrian

Stewart Robert Hinsley 03-11-2004 07:40 PM

In article , Waju¶
writes
Hi,

Coul anyone please tell me what "banana-leaf plant" is and what is its latin
name?

Googling finds instances of this name applied to Strelitzia nicolai
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

P van Rijckevorsel 03-11-2004 08:49 PM

Stewart Robert Hinsley
Googling finds instances of this name applied to _Strelitzia nicolai_

*****
Interesting. A species often referred to as "white bird of paradise flower"
although _Strelitzia alba_ is distinctly more white: it goes by this same
common name
PvR