GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Botany won't survive the next 10 years (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/89053-botany-wont-survive-next-10-years.html)

Gactimus 21-01-2005 11:24 PM

Botany won't survive the next 10 years

I'm a time traveller from the future and I must tell you that botany
won't survive the year 2009. All current knowledge will proven false,
outlawed, and banned worldwide and members of the underground who
secretly study botany will be arrested and shot.

Cereus-validus... 22-01-2005 04:16 AM

ROTFLMAO!

Its time you had your meds changed, Gomer.

Why don't you get back in your wayback machine and do something useful like
have Dubya unelected president in 2000 or have the 911 disaster not happen?

om...

Monique Reed 24-01-2005 03:24 PM

Gactimus wrote:

I'm a time traveller from the future and I must tell you that botany
won't survive the year 2009. All current knowledge will proven false,
outlawed, and banned worldwide and members of the underground who
secretly study botany will be arrested and shot.

Oh, you poor thing! By posting to a botanical newsgroup, you will be
tainted by association and will no doubt suffer the horrible tortures
reserved for closet botanists-- and newsgroup trolls. Run along now.

M. Reed

Peter Jason 24-01-2005 11:56 PM

"Monique Reed" wrote in message
Gactimus wrote:

I'm a time traveller from the future and I must tell you that botany
won't survive the year 2009. All current knowledge will proven false,
outlawed, and banned worldwide and members of the underground who
secretly study botany will be arrested and shot.

Oh, you poor thing! By posting to a botanical newsgroup, you will be
tainted by association and will no doubt suffer the horrible tortures
reserved for closet botanists-- and newsgroup trolls. Run along now.

M. Reed

It's all a bit drastic, but at least we get rid of Cereus.AdNauseam