Old 14-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Michael Janich

Default Triparental mating - Agrobacterium f.

Could someone please write a wikipedia article on triparental mating, I
could not find any information on how it actually works, only lab protocols
on how to do it.

Here is the (yet empty) URL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triparental_mating

Thanks for your help.

Michael

Old 14-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Peter Jason

"Michael Janich" wrote in message
Could someone please write a wikipedia article on triparental mating, I
could not find any information on how it actually works, only lab

protocols
on how to do it.

Here is the (yet empty) URL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triparental_mating

Thanks for your help.

Michael

Are you saying that bacteria engage in ORGIES............!!!..???

Old 15-02-2005, 09:13 AM
P van Rijckevorsel

Michael Janich schreef
Peter, this is a science group!

***
This is a Usenet group, and not everybody who posts is a scientist, or even
serious.
PvR

Old 15-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Peter Jason

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
Michael Janich schreef
Peter, this is a science group!

***
This is a Usenet group, and not everybody who posts is a scientist, or

even
serious.
PvR

Heavens! Who can they be?
You must be referring to that
pernicious, scurrilous and
transcendental troll
"Cereaus. Invalidus"!

Old 21-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Michael Janich

I didn't say everybody is a scientist; I said

This is a science group

And if you look at the name: indeed it starts with "sci", which
stands for SCIence.

BTW: Nobody seems to know about triparental mating. If someone
can PLEASE write a summary. It should tell us, what the help strain is for.
THANKS

Old 21-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , Michael Janich
writes
I didn't say everybody is a scientist; I said

This is a science group

And if you look at the name: indeed it starts with "sci", which
stands for SCIence.

BTW: Nobody seems to know about triparental mating. If someone
can PLEASE write a summary. It should tell us, what the help strain is for.
THANKS

I couldn't find anything definitive with Google (searching on
triparental mating), but reading between the lines of what I did find,
it seems to be the transfer of genetic material (plasmids?) between
strains A and C, which do not conjugate with each other, via strain B
(the helper strain), which conjugates with both strains A and C.

Googling for "helper strain" conjugation gives me

URL:http://www.apsnet.org/education/Adva...Exercises/Elec
troporation/top.htm

which seems to confirm this interpretation.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley