GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flora of Taiwan (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/90397-flora-taiwan.html)

Monique Reed 02-03-2005 06:12 PM

Flora of Taiwan

I think "flora" is the word you want.

There's an online checklist and some interactive keys at:
http://www.efloras.org/flora_page.aspx?flora_id=101

I also find reference to a Flora of Taiwan, along with a 2nd edition
of the same work. Ah, yes, here it is. A six volume work, Flora of
Taiwan, by the Flora of Taiwan Editorial Committee, Epoch Publishing,
1975-

This is going to be a technical taxonomic work rather than a handbook
or guidebook, but it would be a place to start. Perhaps your library
has it or can borrow it for you.

M. Reed
Texas A&M University.

Lotti 03-03-2005 07:07 AM

Hello Mrs. Reed,

Thank you :-)

I think "flora" is the word you want.

The same as in german... (getting red)

There's an online checklist and some interactive keys at:
http://www.efloras.org/flora_page.aspx?flora_id=101

Thank you, that's what i need :-)

I also find reference to a Flora of Taiwan, along with a 2nd edition
of the same work. Ah, yes, here it is. A six volume work, Flora

of
Taiwan, by the Flora of Taiwan Editorial Committee, Epoch Publishing,
1975-

:-)))))

This is going to be a technical taxonomic work rather than a handbook
or guidebook, but it would be a place to start. Perhaps your library
has it or can borrow it for you.

Our library doesn't have anything about. I've asked the library, the
embassy etc., and now I've asked here :-) Thank you for the help :-)

greetings

Lotti

Sean Houtman 03-03-2005 09:06 AM

"Lotti" wrote in
ups.com:

Hello Mrs. Reed,

Thank you :-)

I think "flora" is the word you want.

The same as in german... (getting red)

You have rediscovered why Biologists like to use Latin for things.

Sean