GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant identification? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/97124-plant-identification.html)

Rod Craddock 08-07-2005 09:34 PM

Plant identification?

I wonder if anybody knows what this is please?

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/rodsgarden/DSC_0019-2.jpg

Wettish acid mountain grassland about 500m asl nr Llanberis - North Wales
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.

Sean Houtman 09-07-2005 04:36 AM

"Rod Craddock" wrote in
:

I wonder if anybody knows what this is please?

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/rodsgarden/DSC_0019-2.jpg

Wettish acid mountain grassland about 500m asl nr Llanberis -
North Wales

I would start out with a guess that it is either a Lycopodium or a
Selaginella, or some relative of one.

Armed with those suspicions, I poked around the internet and found
this image. http://www.plant-
identification.co.uk/skye/lycopodiaceae/diphasiastrum-alpinum.htm
which looks a lot like your specimen.

Sean

Rod Craddock 09-07-2005 07:07 PM

"Sean Houtman" wrote in message
news:1120880172.e95fae420a21a803d100382ca6e15ffc@t eranews...
I would start out with a guess that it is either a Lycopodium or a
Selaginella, or some relative of one.

Armed with those suspicions, I poked around the internet and found
this image. http://www.plant-
identification.co.uk/skye/lycopodiaceae/diphasiastrum-alpinum.htm
which looks a lot like your specimen.

Couldn't make that link work but I found this
http://www.ukwildflowers.com/Web_pag...e_clubmoss.htm

Obviously taken much later in the year. Sounds like it's fairly common in
the area so I'll look out for it later in the season.
Thanks