GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   green geenie pond filter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/104174-green-geenie-pond-filter.html)

G Underwood 03-09-2005 01:21 AM

green geenie pond filter

Hi.My first time here in this forum.Would appreciate some advice please.
I purchased a "Green Genie 48,000" pond filter about 2 months ago,and im
delighted with the results,especially the crystal clear water from the 2x25
watt uvs.
One question though.....I understand the need to regularly wash the sponges
(in pond water of course) but what do I do about the sludge that's building
up at the bottom of the filter(below the little black balls)?
I have a "pond-vac",would it be ok to just quickly vacuum up the sludge from
time to time with this?
Many thanks for listening