Old 28-02-2006, 04:03 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
skidog

Default Pond Liner?

I want to put a small pond or water feature in the back. Came across a
24'x24' piece of rubber roofing 1/8" to 3/16" thick. I've had a friend
raise fish and grow plants in this same type of liner and I've also heard
that it can't be done and everything will die because of the type of rubber.
Who should I believe and what product should I use? Thanks...Joel

Old 02-03-2006, 11:46 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Garden Viking

Roofing and pond rubber are the same stuff. Friend of mine works for
Firestone in Ohio. Made on the same line, just "POND" liner costs more...

Old 17-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Registered User

Location: annapolis Md
Post

dontuse the rubber because there is a chemical in the rubber I would go with thick plastic with a little rocks in the bottom.
Old 27-05-2006, 12:45 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

tpo is what this rubber roofer would/will use.
If .50 cents/sq ft. is affordable then I'm sure you will be good for
say about 50 years.
good luck and pretty soon we'll both know huh?