Old 06-04-2003, 02:56 AM

Default filters and pumps..need advice

Hi All, We have added another larger pond to our already existing one
(6x7..about 25 inches deep) The new one is 8x8 and about 36 inches deep at
the deepest point. Our goal is to have the larger "upper" pond flow into the
"lower" smaller pond thru a spillway. We would like to have the pump in the
smaller pond drawing the water to a biofilter that empties into the larger
pond thus overflowing into the smaller one. I have figured that together the
ponds are a little over 2000 gal. I have looked around my small town and it
seems that the home improvement stores are about the only option for pumps
and filters. My question is does anyone have the "Little Giant" brand
products and have they worked well for you??? Also for my setup the cost
will be about $450.00. Should I go online and perhaps get a different brand.
Does this seem like a good price for the product quality??
Thanks for any info you can provide.
By the way I live in NW TN near the KY border

--
Tina Breeds

USNMC Rescue
http://www.neorescue.org/
vsit my webshots page to see my pictures
http://community.webshots.com/user/tityger
Animals are Kind to Dumb People

Old 06-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Tina, most everyone is over at rec.ponds
Try over there and I'm sure someone can answer your question.
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

et...

Old 06-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

wrote:
[...]

Hi Tina,
My ponds are similar to what your describing. I use Supreme
mag-drive pumps. They are cheap to purchase and to run, and
they last a long time. The company I purchase them from was
bought by http://www.DrsFosterSmith.com. I don't have a
seperate biofilter. I use a very large veggie filter with a
settling area/veggie filter/biofilter combination. Check my
web site to see what I'm talking about.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 16-04-2003, 06:32 AM
J. Douglas Mercer

Thanks for the reference.
Doug
..

Old 17-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Jerrispond

Hi. sorry it took so long for me to answer. DO NOT have a larger pond flowing
into a small pond it needs to be the other way. If the power goes out it will
flood the small pond.....when the power goes on it will almost empty the small
pond to get a spillway going. Jerri

Water Butts Tanks and Filters, Pumps Etc. Conor Marketplace 0 03-06-2011 02:07 PM
Winter pumps and filters...... Zebulon Ponds 6 06-01-2007 01:03 AM
Pumps and filters crclark Ponds 5 24-06-2003 06:32 AM
pumps and filters flexon Ponds 2 22-06-2003 12:56 AM
filters and pumps need advice Ponds 7 13-04-2003 02:56 AM