GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Fish (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/142532-fish.html)

Tri_EK 17-04-2006 12:48 AM

Fish

I had a leak in my garden pond and had to take the fish out and put in a new
liner. That was realy pain. I put new water in, chlorine neutralizer, and
bio start for the pond.

I put the fish back in and they seem to be alright but they have been hiding
near the pump. They only come out when there is food and that is only for a
short time.

Any ideas why they are not actively swimming. I have a combination of Koi
and regualr Goldfish.

19-04-2006 08:29 PM

Fish

Sorry to hear about the leak. I know that must have been a pain!

I remember when I first put in my fish. They hide out at the rocks where the
waterfalls spills over. After a couple weeks I guess they felt safe and came
out to socialize. Give them several days and they will more than likely
settle into their new surroundings. How long were they out of the pond
probably has something to do with it. Good luck.
t...

Lar 20-04-2006 11:30 PM

Fish

In article ,
says...
:) Any ideas why they are not actively swimming. I have a combination of Koi
:) and regualr Goldfish.
:)
:)
I'd expect they have short memory enough to know that at one point they
were swimming about and the next they were plucked from there home and
later returned...probably getting used to the environment again.

Pooch 03-05-2006 10:06 PM

Fish

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like an oxygen problem. If you have just
refilled the pond, the and the plants haven't had enough time to do their
thing, than your fish may be very lethargic. I would increase the aeration
and see what happens. You can never over aerate, so it's worth a try.

t...