Old 17-04-2006, 12:48 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Tri_EK

Default Fish

I had a leak in my garden pond and had to take the fish out and put in a new
liner. That was realy pain. I put new water in, chlorine neutralizer, and
bio start for the pond.

I put the fish back in and they seem to be alright but they have been hiding
near the pump. They only come out when there is food and that is only for a
short time.

Any ideas why they are not actively swimming. I have a combination of Koi
and regualr Goldfish.

Old 19-04-2006, 08:29 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

Sorry to hear about the leak. I know that must have been a pain!

I remember when I first put in my fish. They hide out at the rocks where the
waterfalls spills over. After a couple weeks I guess they felt safe and came
out to socialize. Give them several days and they will more than likely
settle into their new surroundings. How long were they out of the pond
probably has something to do with it. Good luck.
t...

Old 03-05-2006, 10:06 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Pooch

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like an oxygen problem. If you have just
refilled the pond, the and the plants haven't had enough time to do their
thing, than your fish may be very lethargic. I would increase the aeration
and see what happens. You can never over aerate, so it's worth a try.

t...