Old 29-05-2006, 04:58 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Jeanne

Default Murky pond

Wouldn't think you would need to change the water unless it tests really
bad. I haven't changed mine in thirty years although the pond has turned
green several times when the pump failed. A good filter will clear it up if
it is big enough. The fish won't mind muddy or algae water; they seem to
enjoy it more....

"Granny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I moved into a house last year and the previous owner had taken his
water pump, filter etc.
There is a higher pond which should feed into the lower one but both
are now quite murky.

The fish and frogs still seem quite happy but the water needs cleaning.
I have tried the tablets but limited results.

I am going to install a pump and filter but want to know whether I
should empty most of the water first and refresh with clean water in
order to not clog the filter when it's initially set up.

I would appreciate any advice on this since, at the moment, I can't
afford to pay someone to do it for me.

Murky pond water unspokenchaos Ponds 16 05-06-2012 04:18 PM
One year on and still a brown, murky pond whiskybelle Ponds 5 13-01-2011 02:13 PM
Murky pond... Bootfit Ponds (moderated) 5 02-04-2008 04:20 PM
Murky Pond Evil Noodle Ponds 0 02-05-2004 06:07 PM
Murky Waters Travis Ponds 0 17-06-2003 05:44 PM