Old 12-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Jerri

Do you have a bottom drain in your ponds?
What about veggie filter?
Just curious and wondering if I should do something like that.
Priss

Old 12-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Jerrispond

Do you have a bottom drain in your ponds?
What about veggie filter?

no bottom drain...wish I did, but it wouldn't work in the goldfish/lily
pond....it would work real good in koi pond. My ONLY method of filtration
for my ponds are veggie filters...wouldn't ever have a mechanical filter. I
love the veggie filters. Jerri

Old 12-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Priscilla McCullough

How did you make them, and how you got them set up?
You got a good website to show me how its done?
Priss

Old 13-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Jerrispond

How did you make them, and how you got them set up?You got a good website to
show me how its done?
Priss

all you have to do is either use a liner or a preform to make a small pond.
Plant it VERY heavily with good filter plants. My favorites are iris, (
planted in lave rock in milk crates so the roots stick out) and floaters like
lettuce, hyacinth frog bit, and lots and lots of anacharis. You then just run
the pump pipe into it, and have it drain back into your pond. I have 3 filter
ponds about the size of bath tubs....Jerri

Old 14-04-2003, 04:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
snip
all you have to do is either use a liner or a preform to make a small

pond.
Plant it VERY heavily with good filter plants. My favorites are iris, (
planted in lave rock in milk crates so the roots stick out) and floaters

like
lettuce, hyacinth frog bit, and lots and lots of anacharis. You then

just run
the pump pipe into it, and have it drain back into your pond. I have 3

filter
ponds about the size of bath tubs....Jerri

snip

Or in my case...I will be pumping water OUT of my VF, with a pipe running
from the a bottom drain into the VF to re-supply the pump.

BV.

Jerri LRobi31070 Ponds 3 18-06-2003 04:08 PM
Prayer for Jerri Priscilla McCullough Ponds 18 15-04-2003 03:45 PM
Say a prayer for Jerri Priscilla McCullough Ponds (alternative) 3 07-04-2003 03:08 PM
Jerri Russ and Cathy Ponds 0 03-04-2003 10:08 PM
Hi Jerri and gang Priscilla McCullough Ponds (alternative) 0 29-03-2003 01:56 AM