GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Hole in Water Pipe (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/146335-hole-water-pipe.html)

pixi 11-06-2006 02:44 PM

Hole in Water Pipe

Yesterday while digging next to my pond in order to put in a plant I
accidentally put a hole in the top of the plastic water pipe going from the
skimmer to the top of the waterfall. Water bubbled out. The waterfall
still works fine but I expect that I am losing water and water here is very
expensive.

I think the hole is about 1/2 inch square. The water was muddy and I
couldn't see it.

Can anyone tell me how it can repaired without tearing the pipe out of the
ground? It is a 3" flexible plastic pipe. Surely it can be plugged
somehow.

PLEASE!!!!

Pixi

Elaine 11-06-2006 03:26 PM

Hole in Water Pipe

Try cutting the hose at the tear and inserting another piece of the same
flexible hose inside of the torn one then use metal clamps at each end.
Tighten well. I used this method to add length to my waterfall hose.
So far no leaks..

pixi 11-06-2006 06:21 PM

Hole in Water Pipe

Thank you. I thought of a possible different method. Thought if I let the
pipe dry out, clean the outer surface and patch it with a pond liner patch
and then cover it with dirt and a stone. Should help a bit.

Thanks again. Pixi