Old 10-08-2006, 08:06 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

Default Dissapearance of water in pond

Hi. New to this site but i'm wondering if anybody can help me. Having
problems with pond pump emptying. Emptied pond and refilled last
Sunday. Restarted pump, no problems at first, then this morning
noticed pond was half empty. Have an Ecopower 2200 uv filter box and
titan pump. Was working fine before. Only thing different is i've put
pump to bottom of pond, was on one of shelves before. Cannot also see
were missing water has gone. Filter box seems to have filled to top,
approx 3ins but nothing else.
Please help, anyone.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:58 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

jc wrote in message ...
On 10 Aug 2006 11:06:23 -0700, wrote:

Hi. New to this site but i'm wondering if anybody can help me. Having
problems with pond pump emptying. Emptied pond and refilled last
Sunday. Restarted pump, no problems at first, then this morning
noticed pond was half empty. Have an Ecopower 2200 uv filter box and
titan pump. Was working fine before. Only thing different is i've put
pump to bottom of pond, was on one of shelves before. Cannot also see
were missing water has gone. Filter box seems to have filled to top,
approx 3ins but nothing else.
Please help, anyone.

Seems obvious to me. You have a hole in your liner. If you lifted
one edge of the liner, you'd probably find water right up to the
current level of the pond.

Can't argue with that.

If the water is not apparent around the external filter box, then that must
be the answer; either there's a hole in the liner, or the water is escaping
over the top of the liner somehow.

I would advise not putting the pump on the floor of the pond for fear of
emptying the pond out completely. It may not make a difference until the
problem with the pond emptying has been fixed, but we too have a large pond
and we made the mistake of putting the pump on the bottom of the pond. One
morning, there was barely water enough left to cover the bottom of the pond
and we nearly lost our fish.

Happy ponding

Nick

www.pennix.co.uk

Old 28-08-2006, 01:46 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi. New to this site but i'm wondering if anybody can help me. Having
problems with pond pump emptying. Emptied pond and refilled last
Sunday. Restarted pump, no problems at first, then this morning
noticed pond was half empty. Have an Ecopower 2200 uv filter box and
titan pump. Was working fine before. Only thing different is i've put
pump to bottom of pond, was on one of shelves before. Cannot also see
were missing water has gone. Filter box seems to have filled to top,
approx 3ins but nothing else.
Please help, anyone.

Do you have a waterfall Maria? If so, the pipe that takes the water up to
the waterfall may be leaking somewhere

Pete