GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   New small pond in NJ (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/148964-new-small-pond-nj.html)

Joe Chip 22-08-2006 11:53 AM

New small pond in NJ

I'm planning a new, small garden pond in NJ.

Are there any local regulation regarding the control of garden ponds
with respect to mosquito control, wnv, etc?

--

Joe Chip

We Can Remember It For You, Inc.

42n8_1 24-08-2006 02:36 AM

New small pond in NJ

i am in south jersey and nobody has ever complained to me.i also live by a
damed creek which with all this total lack of rain is brewing it's own herd
of mosquitoes. i have a drain to drain the ground water from the house and
also a gutter from the front of the house to feed the pond .the pond is
usually larve free but again with all of this lack of rain it is brewing a
storm of mosquitoes.
i try to keep the pond larve free but it is an every day thing.

good luck ..