GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Is it too late to introduce koi to a pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/149754-too-late-introduce-koi-pond.html)

Rob G 20-09-2006 02:23 PM

Is it too late to introduce koi to a pond

Earlier this summer our well established pond was poisoned with
detergent - all very amusing for the perpetrator as the foam was
massive and we got complaints from the neighbours about it.

I've left it 4 months after a full clean out and refill, and am
wondering whether I could restock now or leave it till the spring ?

Rob

[email protected] 27-09-2006 08:01 PM

Is it too late to introduce koi to a pond

I would run a few feeder goldies in it over the winter to see if the
toxins are gone. It is very hard to get rid of detergent. A mild
bleach solution will neutralize it, but might harm your seals if left
on too long.